It came as no surprise that Usain Bolt blew the opposition out of the water in both the 100 and 200 metres at the Olympics this past week…And you may have caught my post a few days ago about how Mo Farrah winning the 10,000 metres can help you as an Internet Marketer.
So, with the emphasis today very much on speed, here are some fast facts:
- The verb “to sprint” comes from “to sprent” which means to spring or leap forwards.
- The first recorded use of “sprint” was in an 1862 dictionary which defined it as “to run on the toes”.
- The earliest known ancient Olympics in 776BC featured just one athletics event – the 200-yard sprint.
- The top speed reached by a sprinter is 27 miles per hour.
- Research shows sprinters in lanes nearest the starting pistol have an advantage over others, even when the starting gun is simultaneously broadcast to all athletes through loudspeakers…
- Research at the 2004 Olympics showed the average reaction time in lane one was 160 milliseconds and 171 milliseconds in lane two.
- The women’s 100 metres at Beijing 2008 was run faster than the men’s 100 metres at London 1908.
What attracts would-be entrepreneurs to the Internet Marketing industry is the lure of fast cash…
But they soon get a reality check when making money online is not as easy as they thought.
Neither Usain Bolt nor Mo Farrah won gold medals or broke world records at the first time of asking.
It took many, many hours of hard work, dedication and sacrifice…
The things you don’t read about in most Internet Marketing sales letters.
However, our Olympic heroes didn’t achieve success all by themselves either…
They had a coach.
And coaching will help you get to where you want to be faster than without it.
I’m launching my 30 Day Marketer coaching program as a low-cost, high-value WSO on Friday 24 August at 9am EST.
So, if you want to hear the starting pistol before the rest of the runners…
P.S. The end of 2012 is hurtling towards us faster than any Olympic athlete racing down the track…
If you want to cross over this year’s finishing line as a winner, my coaching will give you that extra push you need!
Image Attributed to: Rubber Dragon