As a fan of music from the 1950s and 60s…
I’m not sure how the 50-year anniversary of The Rolling Stones first gig passed me by last week.
Hopefully Sir Mick of Jagger will find it in his heart to forgive me.
But anyway, here are seven “stone” related fun facts for you this Saturday:
- The band first performed under the name “The Rollin’ Stones” but added the ‘g’ not long after.
- The Muddy Waters song “Rollin’ Stone” inspired the band name.
- Mick Jagger’s full name is Sir Michael Phillip Jagger.
- The world record for skimming a stone across the water is 38 bounces.
- The Egyptian pyramids contain enough stone to build a wall 10 feet high and five feet wide around Great Britain.
- The paper drinking straw was invented by Marvin C. Stone of Washington in 1888.
Finally, when Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone was launched in the USA, the title was changed to Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone…
Presumably because children there may not know what a philosopher is?
That’s a marketing takeaway right there.
If you don’t want your email marketing to sink like a stone then I recommend you look at my Inbox Rockstar membership.
Every month you can download a minimum of 20 “fill in the blanks” email marketing templates which can be used to promote any product in any niche.
Sign up here:
P.S. I can’t promise you five decades of email marketing success but I can promise that my templates will elevate you to “Rockstar” status among your subscribers…
And I couldn’t possibly comment on the groupies.
Image Attributed to: rkramer62